Image Credit: Southern Living
I used the Memorial Day holiday as an excuse to try out a few new recipes. In last month’s issue of Southern Living magazine, I saw this recipe for Governor’s Mansion Summer Peach Tea Punch. It looked so lovely and enticing! So, yesterday I decided to try it out on my BBQ guests. It was a hit. I even heard rumblings that it would make a great base for a cocktail…
I made some modifications (mostly out of poor planning), but it turned out deliciously. For example, I used a Mango-Passion Fruit Tea that I had on hand, and I omitted the lemonade (because I forgot to put it in the shopping cart – likewise with the Club Soda). Here’s the recipe!
GOVERNOR’S MANSION SUMMER PEACH TEA PUNCH
- YIELD: Makes about 1 gal.
- HANDS-ON: 10 MINUTES
- TOTAL: 9 HOURS, 5 MINUTES
- COURSE: Beverages, Beverages, Nonalcoholic
- 3 family-size tea bags
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 (33.8-oz.) bottle peach nectar
- 1/2 (12-oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup Simple Sugar Syrup
- 1 (1-liter) bottle ginger ale, chilled
- 1 (1-liter) bottle club soda, chilled
- Garnish: fresh peach wedges
1. Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan; add tea bags and mint leaves. Boil 1 minute; remove from heat. Cover and steep 10 minutes.
2. Discard tea bags and mint. Pour into a 1-gal. container; add peach nectar, lemonade concentrate, and Simple Sugar Syrup. Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours.
3. Pour chilled tea mixture into a punch bowl or pitcher. Stir in ginger ale and club soda just before serving. Garnish, if desired.
If you try it, let me know how it turns out! What are your favorite summer recipes?