Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate has launched a Global Ambassador program to empower its cocoa growing partners to establish sustainable livelihoods and communities through agricultural and social programs. The hunt is on for like-minded people not only dedicated to helping their own local communities, but communities across the globe. And YOU can be a part. Interested?
- Successful applicants from the U.S. and U.K. will serve as Global Ambassadors on behalf of Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate to become an integral part of a local cocoa farming community during a 14 day expedition in the Dominican Republic
- While there, Ambassadors will help build a gravity-fed water system to ensure that the residents of the community have consistent access to fresh, drinkable water
- Until January 3, 2011, interested individuals can visit the Green & Black’s U.S. Facebook page to complete two essay questions and submit a picture showcasing support for their local cause
- Winners will be announced January 21, 2011 and the Dominican Republic experience will take place from March 26, 2011 to April 9, 2011
- Each of the winning applicants will receive $1,000 for a local-community building cause of their choice
For more information about the Green & Black’s Global Ambassador Program, please visit their FB page.